Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Knocking on My Father's Door - by Ann Varkey

Some times we meet people worthy of admiration - such is the case with Ann Varkey - a top real estate agent with the RE/MAX organization in SW Orlando. The first time I spoke with Ann Varkey - some five years ago - it had to do with a misplaced yard sign at one of her new listings in the Hidden Hills Subdivision of Southwest Orlando. I had a client I was trying to show Ann's listing but could not match the MLS description to the physical property. I left a phone message for Ann and she immediately returned my call. Our conversation was relatively brief but the tone and manner of her explanation, her concerns for her client, and sensitivity shown to a fellow Realtor left me with an indelible memory of a person whose devotion and love for others would someday I would be able to recount. And so here I find myself praising Ann Varkey's new book "Knocking on My Father's Door." The Cover Page describes this book as "One Realtor's Guide to a Successful and Contented Life that can light your path and touch your heart." But it's much more than that for I am sure readers will gain something very meaningful from her book, as I did. I highly recommend Ann's book to everyone in the family and to those who are in the business of providing professional services to the general public.

Some of the most touching passages in Ann's book tell about life in her early years, leaving her birthplace in India for New York for a new life, marrying her loving husband, raising her family, and starting her own real estate business. Her book is full of valuable ideas and examples of love and compassion that I found very helpful in my real estate businees. For more information please visit Ann's Web site at: http://www.annvarkey.com/

Profits from the sale of Ann's new book go to Charity
Clem Monge, Broker
Orlando World Realty

No comments: